This twist on the traditional Mediterranean favorite tastes almost exactly the same as the chickpea (garbanzo bean) variety. If you're looking for new lunch ideas (for yourself or the kiddos) I highly recommend adding this to your recipe rotation!
Try serving this with some sliced chicken for dipping as well – so delicious!
Creamy Cauliflower Hummus
- 4 cups cauliflower florets steamed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini sesame paste, raw or roasted
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon reserve zest for garnish
- Pinch of TEX MEX blend (or ground cumin)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch of paprika for garnish (optional)
- Sliced vegetables of choice for serving
- Olives of choice for serving
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and cumin and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with more tahini or olive oil if you like.
- Scoop the hummus into a serving dish and garnish with the reserved lemon zest, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and paprika (if using).
- Serve with sliced vegetables and olives.
I used an orange cauliflower for this recipe. If you spot one in your store or market, use it instead of the white variety for a deeper-colored dip.
CHANGE IT UP
Substitute zucchini for the cauliflower, but shred and strain it first to remove most of its water content.
Other appetizers you might enjoy:
- How to Build an Epic Gluten-Free Cheeseboard
- Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
- Meatballs with Tangy Cilantro Chive Sauce
For more recipe ideas and recipes that use Balanced Bites Spices, head to our recipes index page here.