OKAY THIS FETA BRINED CHICKEN IS LIFE CHANGING. I don’t say that lightly or often. I think it’s the best chicken I’ve ever had.
Pro Tip: Save the leftover brine from your feta containers as you use it, and freeze till you're ready to go!
Feta-Brined Chicken Thighs
- Liquid from 3 10-ounce feta containers (approximately 3 cups of liquid)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons GREEK blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoons SUPER GARLIC blend plus extra for the top of each thigh
- 6 skin-on chicken thighs approximately 3 pounds
- Feta crumbles for garnish
- Make the marinade: Combine the feta liquid, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, & spice blends in a large baking dish.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and refrigerate overnight (up to 24 hours).
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry (discard any remaining marinade).
- Brush the thighs with the remaining olive oil and season with SUPER GARLIC blend.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- To brown the skin: Place an oven rack in the top position and preheat the oven to a high broil setting. Place the chicken back into the oven on the top rack for 5 minutes until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Garnish with feta crumbles, if desired.
EXTRA CRISPY SKIN TIP
After patting the chicken dry, place it uncovered in your refrigerator – this will help the skin dry out and will help it get extra crispy once you bake it!
I tested this Feta Brined Chicken Thighs recipe using the brine from the feta container; however, in a pinch you could create a similar marinade by blending together 5 ounces of feta with 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Do note I did not test this method – I'd rather you reuse that delicious brine that your feta comes in!
To make this a full meal, serve with:
For more recipe ideas and recipes that use Balanced Bites Spices, head to our recipes index page here.