Matcha Chia N'Oatmeal
If you miss having a warm bowl of cereal in the morning, try my Matcha Chia N'Oatmeal!
This easy breakfast recipe is egg-free + it will keep for a few days in the fridge and can be eaten warm or cold… perfect for those days when you need a breakfast that's grab and go!
If you're looking for my other n'oatmeal recipe, check out my Banana Chia N'Oatmeal!
Matcha Chia N’Oatmeal
- 1 cup full−fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 5 drops stevia (or 1 tsp sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds optional
- Shredded coconut or coconut flakes for garnish
- Put all the ingredients except the whole and ground chia seeds and the shredded coconut in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more stevia if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a large glass mason jar, add the whole chia seeds, cover, and shake well to combine. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight to allow the chia seeds to gel.
- After it sets, whisk the mixture vigorously to break up the gelled seeds so that they’re evenly distributed and the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add the ground chia seeds (if using), cover, and shake to combine. If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can omit the ground chia seeds. Place in the refrigerator to set for up to 1 hour, until thickened a bit more.
- Garnish with shredded coconut before serving.