Avocado toast has become one of the “it” breakfasts these days. Avoiding bread has meant missing out, until now! In my Paleo Avocado Toast recipe, thin potato slices replace the toast, and the flavor is reminiscent of loaded potato skins once it’s all stacked up—and it’s to die for. Prep some potatoes ahead to reheat in a toaster oven for quick and easy weekday breakfasts.
Paleo Avocado "Toast"
- 2 potatoes large, Yukon Gold or russet
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados sliced (1/4 avocado per "toast")
- Balanced Bites spice blend of choice I love GREEK, BAGEL, & SUPER GARLIC PIZZA!
Other topping suggestions
- Fried or poached eggs and hot sauce 1 egg per "toast"
- Fried or poached eggs and sliced fresh chives 1 egg per "toast"
- Smoked salmon, sliced red onion, capers, and chopped fresh dill 2 ounces salmon per "toast"
- Avocado with sliced cucumber, smoked salmon, and sliced fresh chives 2 ounces salmon per "toast"
- Sliced tomatoes, crispy fried bacon, and sliced green onions 2-3 slices per "toast"
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using the center portion of each potato (to create the largest toasts possible), slice each potato lengthwise into four 1/8-inch-thick planks, for a total of 8 slices, reserving the ends for another use. Toss the olive oil so that each potato slice is lightly coated.
- Place the potato slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the "toasts" are crispy and golden brown.
- Lay the avocado slices on the "toasts" and mash the avocado with a fork, then season with spice blend of choice, to taste. Or try any of the topping combinations listed above.