These Ranch Chicken & Bacon Stuffed Potatoes are a great weeknight recipe, with simple ingredients & minimal prep time!
Ranch Chicken & Bacon Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs chicken thighs bone-in, with skin
- 3 tbsps RANCH blend
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing recipe below, for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork, wrap in foil, and place in an oven-safe dish. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with the spice blend and place skin side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven with the sweet potatoes and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Check after 15 minutes to make sure the spices aren’t burning—if they look overly browned, brush some olive oil or other cooking fat on top of the thighs to moisten and cover with foil to finish baking.
- As soon as the chicken goes into the oven, on a separate rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil and sprinkle with the bacon. Bake for 35 minutes alongside the chicken.
- After the chicken is cooked, if desired, turn the oven to the broil setting and crisp the skin by broiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool slightly, then chop into bite-sized pieces. Discard the bones or freeze for up to several months for use in bone broth.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the broccoli and bacon.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and stuff with the chicken-broccoli mixture. Dress with ranch dressing and garnish with chives before serving.
- 3/4 cup full−fat sour cream
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsps RANCH Blend
- 2 tbsps EVOO
- 1 heaping tbsp chopped fresh chives optional
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well mixed.