This is by far the best use for sugar I've found in a long, long time. And it couldn't be any easier. Make this. Use it this winter. Enjoy SOFT and lovely skin (on your body, not on your face – this exfoliant is too coarse for the delicate skin on your face in my opinion). Thank me later.
Super Simple Sugar Scrub
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar (coarse texture)
- Optional: A few drops of scented essential oil
- Wash your hands well, then combine the ingredients in a bowl with your fingers.
- Without the essential oil scent added, it remains an edible body scrub.
- Store on the counter as the ingredients will not spoil. Use a glass or plastic jar (if it's near the tub and you're afraid of glass breaking- go for the plastic but see if you can find a BPA-free version or re-use something you have around the house.)
- Scoop it from the jar and use on your body with warm water or a washcloth. Your skin will feel smooth from the scrub and SOFT from the coconut oil. Yum!
Make this in any quantity you like, using the ratio of 1 Tbsp coconut oil to 1/4 cup of the sugar.