MAKE THESE ROASTED POTATOES WITH FETA AND LEMON! Thank me later.
I highly recommend you first roast up a bunch of chicken thighs so you can use the fat (aka schmaltz – I wrote up a post on it here) that comes off of them to make these – that’s what we did and it makes them mind-blowingly good!
I make these roasted potatoes with feta and lemon and GREEK blend Balanced Bites Spices, but you can change it up and try them with almost any other blend you like.
Some of my other top picks would be:
These would also be great seasoned simply with salt!
Learn more about schmaltz in this post.
The Best Roasted Potatoes with Feta & Lemon
- 3-6 red-skinned potatoes Use enough to fill 2 sheet pans, quantity may vary based on the size of your potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken smaltz (leftover pan fat from roasted chicken), melted ghee, extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons GREEK blend
- 1/2 teaspoon SUPER GARLIC blend
- Sea salt optional
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Crumbled feta cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice small red potatoes into 4 pieces, or 6 if it’s a larger one. Ideally your pieces will be like mini steak fries, about 1/2” by 2” or so.
- Toss the potato slices in the schmaltz or cooking fat so that each slice is evenly coated. Divide the potato slices between the two pans and spread them out in a single layer. Sprinkle them evenly with the spice blends and salt, if using.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and flip the potato slices. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy. Serve warm.
- Garnish with lemon zest and top with feta if you like (highly recommend).
- Serve with my Ultimate Onion Dip (recipe linked below) or a 50/50 SUPER ONION & SUPER GARLIC dip.
Note: These fries are best when served immediately, as they may become quite soggy when stored. However, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and re-crisp them in your oven or toaster oven (about 400°F) until warmed, about 5 minutes.
To make this a full meal, serve with:
For more recipe ideas and recipes that use Balanced Bites Spices, head to our recipes index page here.