It’s Springtime & therefore the perfect time for a picnic. The fresh air, the sunshine, it's simply the best! The big question is though, what should you pack?!
Picnicking can be tricky – there's more to it than just throwing some food in a bag (although I do recommend my insulated cooler tote!) You definitely want to plan ahead and pack up your essentials, so read on for a few of my favorite tricks to make it a truly epic day.
1. BYO dressing! Grab a mason jar & mix up your favorite dressing to toss with some roasted veggies, gluten-free pasta salad, or salad greens – there are loads of options in my free Salad Madness ebook if you need some inspo (sign up for our newsletter & we'll send it to you, or check the bottom of any of our recent emails!) + be sure to check out this post on mixing up your favorite dressing.
2. Pack a lemon! You know me and my lemons! Whether you made your own dishes or hit up the store on your way, a squeeze of fresh lemon will take things up a notch & add a brightness to your picnic.
3. Don't forget the necessities…
- a large blanket so you're protected from damp grass
- a trash bag or ziplocks to store used dishes & utensils
- lots of water
- a few ice packs
- a real knife & small cutting board as well… just wrap it up in a kitchen towel for safety.