Check out this short video from a Live Q&A session answering the common question: “How can I eat Paleo on a budget?”
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Prioritize FATS first and foremost!
- Fats incorporate into our cells and make up the cell's structure. Our cells are the foundation of our health!
- Avoid oxidized, damaged, and unhealthy fats ALL the time.
- Fats may be expensive, but you don't need a ton in your diet, just good quality.
- One of my favorites: Tin Star Foods Ghee (or make your own ghee using grass-fed butter with this recipe)
- Produce (Fruits & Veggies)
- Buying local and in-season is the best way to go!
- The thin-skinned, sweet produce is typically heavily sprayed with pesticides – go with the organic here!
- DO you have to buy organic or WHAT do you have to buy organic? I suggest using the Environmental Working Group's Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen (PDF) lists.
Want more information on this topic? [including Free PDFs!]
Check out these blog posts: